Subject: Re: portable box ideas?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2007 00:04:59
On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:53:00PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> How old a Thinkpad?  That doesn't sound right -- I've upgraded the disk
> on many a Thinkpad, without any trouble as long as I wasn't trying to
> copy the Windows partition...

or keep the hibernation partition.  I was able to boot and run NetBSD on
my old thinkpad [1] after installing a 20GB drive, and while apm worked,
it isn't terribly useful on a laptop without being able to hibernate to
disk.

at least it has PC-card expansion, so I can add USB storage.

[1] I forget the model, it is 90MHz pentium.  with 96MB RAM it's still
    quite usable, if a bit poky.

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.