Subject: Re: smbd dies under heavy transfers
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/2007 14:50:01
On 14 Apr 2007, at 17:49, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> So I have my server that runs samba (current build from pkgsrc)...
> and here is what happens... when I do extremely heavy transfers
> (say have iTunes copy 6000 files from a draft directory on the
> server to the music library directory on that same server - i.e.
> read each file, then copy it to a new location) after some time,
> the smbd daemon dies and I get disk write errors and the
> application ends.

I've never seen that happening but I'm not using Samba very much.

> So... any ideas of what may be wrong?

Unfortunately it's hard to tell with so little information. Did you
check the
logfile? Did you try running "smbd" with "ktrace" to see what it is
the last
thing it does before it does? What does your "smb.conf" look like?
What version
of NetBSD and Samba are you using?

	Kind regards

--