Subject: Re: Desktop application agenda
To: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/13/2007 21:30:32

--0-1940434949-1176517832=:21814

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Przemys=C5~Baw Pawe=C5~Bczyk wrote:

> > correct this! On the other hand, developer and pkgsrc maintainer
> > Jeremy C. Reed made every endeavor to address the issues you had.

> And I am very thankful to him for that. He still answers my questions
> contrary to most of you - "everlasting", "skilled", and "highly
> educated" (in applied psychology) users.

Please note that it is hard for me to reply to you.

Your emails insult my friends, my hobby[1], and my favorite operating=20
system. Maybe you don't mean it that way, but that is the way I read them.

Yes, I agree you have some good ideas, but they come across to me as=20
condescending.

Even when you ask honest questions, I feel you are patronizing.

If you have a question or want to share advice, please don't assume we=20
haven't heard it before -- when in fact we may have discussed it before=20
and even planned it that way for good reasons. Please keep your comments=20
short and simple and please don't be so opinionated.

I have participated in many open source communities. I use NetBSD because=
=20
overall it has a very friendly and knowledgable community -- in addition=20
to providing a simple, secure and efficient operating system=20
infrastructure that makes it easy to use as-is and to expand upon. I also=
=20
use and support NetBSD professionally -- because it works for me and my=20
customers.

As for your desktop application agenda ... I saw your other email about=20
applications you'd like to have.

Please note that most of us are volunteers. (I have been paid to do pkgsrc=
=20
work by customers, but I think this is rare.)

Feel free to create a wiki page at the wiki.netbsd.se site with pkgsrc=20
requests -- if it doesn't exist yet. (While there at that wiki start or=20
find a page that links to all its content.) Also see the suggestions in=20
pkgsrc/doc/TODO (and email me with your suggestions for that if you want).=
=20
Also we have a work-in-progress list at sourceforge that you may politely=
=20
ask pkgsrc packagers to assist you with creating your needed packages.

Also to make a complete solution, suggest some packages and configurations=
=20
that should be bundled together so we can make a meta-package.

Working on editors/tea for you now ...

  Jeremy C. Reed

[1] Well, I prefer to spend time with my family, play basketball, and go=20
hiking and camping ...
--0-1940434949-1176517832=:21814--