Subject: Re: Desktop application agenda
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/13/2007 07:30:42
--Signature=_Fri__13_Apr_2007_07_30_42_-0500_7FCLXhSDORio0JHf

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:01:03 -0700
"Andy Ruhl" <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/07, Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp@kv.net.pl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to know if a few desktop flavors of NetBSD were
> > debated during "setting future development" session of some sort.
> > What "policy" in this matter, if ever, emerged from the talks or
> > discussions.
>
> NetBSD is an operating system with a rather minimal set of
> applications that allow it to function in some sort of way. You're
> talking about application stuff. This is within the realm of pkgsrc,
> not NetBSD. It's got nothing to do with the base NetBSD system. NetBSD
> doesn't have to "decide" any of this stuff about desktops and
> applications. If you want them, add them yourself. If they aren't in
> pkgsrc, then work on getting them in there. Period.

Right to the point. Thanks. Perhaps I'm too young, so tell me please,
have you ever found operating system useful without any applications?

> I hate to say it, but I've been reading a lot of your emails and in
> many of them you make assertions about how things should be, but you
> lack a fundamental understanding of what the project really is.

Maybe I didn't do my homework or voluminous NetBSD WWW lost a view
what important information or system features "should" be conveyed to
users first. Or to emphasize them. For the next time you seem to
distract everybody from the true subject or discourage me from asking
questions. No wonder NetBSD is slowly dying...

I want to do something. But I want to do with you (plural) and according
to some rules. So I ask. Why there is so many "hate" on your side? Why
do you twist letters' subjects driving them to personal paths? Why do
you think that only your view on NetBSD is correct and mine bad? Have
you been touched by God?

> of some group of software. If that's what you want it to be, you can
> make it that way yourself. NetBSD should remain mostly how it is, in
> my opinion.

Perhaps your "hate" makes you "blind" and you didn't notice what
I really said. _That I'm not using NetBSD. I'm using applications
running under control of operating system, here NetBSD._

Regards,
p2o2
--
Przemysław (p2o2) Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl>