Subject: Re: new website with mplayer binaries
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2007 17:13:54
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:39:40 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> > 2) Thunderbird can spell-check via "enchant" lib and encrypt e-mails
> > with "enigmail" lib. Why NetBSD delievers in binary form __only__
> > enchant library?
>
> Nobody packaged enigmail. Somebody did suggest it and it is listed in
> pkgsrc/doc/TODO. Google tells me a few people using NetBSD use
> enigmail. Any volunteers?

There is a protopackage floating around somewhere.  I looked into
building a package a while back; I gave up because the necessary
integration of enigmail with Thunderbird source was beyond my
understanding of pkgsrc magic.  I've learned more since then, but I'm
not likely to tackle it since I don't use Thunderbird; I haven't even
found the cycles to finish repackaging Claws-Mail, which I do use.