Subject: Re: Command to burn an ISO file to a CDR?
From: Evaldo Gardenali <evaldo@gardenali.biz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2007 13:47:55
Hi

cdrecord [-vvv] [driveropts=burnfree] [-pad] dev=/dev/cd0d file.iso
-vvv: see it working, you nerdy!
driveropts=burnfree: solve issues with empty buffers in slow machines; it turns burnfree on, which doesnt crash a burning session if buffer underruns
-pad: solve issues with "seeking the end of the image and going i/o error", found on systems like linux [tm] (which does a poor job at looking at CD boundaries)

For dvds, the dvd+rw-tools package is easier:
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/rcd0d=/foo/file.iso
needs to be rcd0d, dunno why, but cd0d crashes it on my system
-dvd-compat: "close" the session, so non-writers can read it
-Z: first session; -M is merge

Evaldo