Subject: Re: Problems with Intel i82550 Ethernet in a IBM Thinkpad T22
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Francisco Valladolid Hdez. <ficovh@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/11/2007 08:29:54
Which is the output for

$ ifconfig -a

IBM Thinpad T22 intel Piii laptops, and are using the
intel ethernet network chipset. fxp in netbsd has not
problems.

Regards.

--- Tobias Nygren <tnn@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> Silas Justiniano wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I'm having a few problems when I try to run NetBSD
> 3.1 in my T22
> > laptop. It has a i82550 Ethernet that works fine
> when I use a
> > crossover cable conected to another computer but
> when I connect it to
> > a common hub (switch) using common cable, I can't
> ping other machine
> > of the same network even if I configured my NIC
> correctly. The light
> > of the hub of the port that the cable is connected
> to blinks non-stop.
> >
> > jakllsch, from #netbsd and #networking (on
> freenode), told me that the
> > problem could be the wm driver and recommended me
> to download the
> > newest kernel, but I'm already using 3.1. Should I
> try a bleeding-edge
> > solution? Did this drive have updates?
> >
> > Thank you very much! Bye!
> >

> Hi,
> I have a T22. It uses the fxp(4) chip, not wm(4).
> I strongly suggest you check the cabling (and the
> connector!)
> I had problems very similar to what you describe.
> The solution was to
> take the machine apart and carefully re-melt the
> solder points on
> the RJ45 connector.
>
> HTH,
> Tobias

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail