Subject: Hackathon 5 - Results
To: None <email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,>
From: None <email@example.com>
Date: 04/09/2007 23:26:26
The fifth NetBSD Hackathon took place from Friday, 6th of April, until
Sunday, 8th of April 2007. Titled "docathon", the main focus was on
bringing the NetBSD WWW pages and documentation into a consistent and
more up-to-date state. Here are the results:
* All .list files that are not related to translations have been
* Many of the ports pages were previously either available in XML
or HTML. To unify them, all the HTML-pages have been converted to
XML (or are under conversion).
* The wscons FAQ has been converted and merged into the NetBSD
Guide's "console drivers" section.
* Other parts of the documentation previously only available in plain
HTML have been converted to XML.
* Obsolete ports pages have been removed in the process of the sh5
and evhsh5 port removal which happended during this weekend, new
ports paves have been properly linked.
* Various minor updates and fixes have been applied
Unfortunately, the translations are generally in a state without much
hope. In order not to confuse users with highly outdated docs, it is
recommended that the translations shall be dropped sooner or later. Of
course, regional groups are highly encouraged to maintain their own
translations in order to further promote NetBSD for their native
Overall, the event was a great success, and given esp. the short
notice still a number of people have helped to make it so - thank you
very much to all of them!
If you want to learn more about the 5th NetBSD Hackathon, you can find
information at the NetBSD.se Wiki at
http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php?title=Hackathon5. People interested in
working on any of the open issues feel free to communicate via the
netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org mailing list.
Faculty of Technology