Subject: Re: Nagios: Error detected by libpthread : Invalid mutex
To: Ajitabh Pandey <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/09/2007 07:54:48
On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 09:09:27PM -0400, Ajitabh Pandey wrote:
> # /etc/rc.d/nagios status I noticed that its not started up.
> So I checked

Where did that script come from? Most NetBSD style startup scripts
need to be enabled in "/etc/rc.conf".

> # /opt/nagios/bin/nagios /opt/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
> and there I got the following problem:
> nagios: Error detechted by libpthread: Invalid mutex
> Detected by file
> "/home/builds/ab/netbsd-3-1-RELEASE/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c",
> line 334, function "pthread_mutex_unlock".
> See pthread(3) for more information.

That's a software bug. It is calling pthread_mutex_unlock() on a data
area which is not a properly initialized mutex. Linux threading
libraries seem to forgive such program errors, NetBSD's doesn't.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler