Subject: Re: Something better than `screenblank'?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/09/2007 06:48:16
On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 05:32:13PM +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
> I'm looking for the way to blank the screen (text mode!) after given period
> of inactivity. Yes, I'm aware about existence of `screenblank' - but,
> unfortunately, it seems to be broken. One positive thing is, that it can

All I can do is agree that `screenblank' is a total disaster.  Unfortunate,
since many years ago, circa 1.4, it worked very well.

Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:37:31 +0900
To: port-i386@NetBSD.org
Subject: problem with "screenblank"

I never got a reply (probably posted to wrong list), and never filed a
pr because I thought it could be related to my unusual hardware.  May I
ask if you wouldn't mind filing one since I guess you have a more
standard computer than the one I tried on?  Thanks.

henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/