Subject: Problems with Intel i82550 Ethernet in a IBM Thinkpad T22
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Silas Justiniano <silasju@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2007 23:54:53
Hello all!

I'm having a few problems when I try to run NetBSD 3.1 in my T22
laptop. It has a i82550 Ethernet that works fine when I use a
crossover cable conected to another computer but when I connect it to
a common hub (switch) using common cable, I can't ping other machine
of the same network even if I configured my NIC correctly. The light
of the hub of the port that the cable is connected to blinks non-stop.

jakllsch, from #netbsd and #networking (on freenode), told me that the
problem could be the wm driver and recommended me to download the
newest kernel, but I'm already using 3.1. Should I try a bleeding-edge
solution? Did this drive have updates?

Thank you very much! Bye!

--
Silas Silva - http://www.purl.org/NET/silas/site