Subject: Re: Proposition for Releases page changes
To: NetBSD Users's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@planix.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2007 08:34:11
--pgp-sign-Multipart_Sat_Apr__7_08:34:07_2007-1

At Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:25:25 -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
>=20
>      As has been explained before, you don't have to use XML, you can
> submit documentation updates in pretty much any reasonable form (i.e.
> XML, HTML, plain text, a simple description of what needs updating,
> etc), so how exactly are the tools chosen by the people charged with
> maintaining the documention hindering your ability to contribute?

Well that's all fine and good, but it still makes it nearly impossible
for anyone who wants to also _use_ their own changes but who doesn't
work well with XML sources.

Sure I can manually edit the plain text output and lock myself into
never reformatting the entire document from source again, and thus give
up ever using other changes with my own, at least until the original
incorporates my own in a suitable way.

I.e. the approach you suggest is totally unworkable in the real world,
at least for someone such as myself who uses NetBSD as a third-party
developer and not just as an end user.

--=20
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>