Subject: Re: Help installing 2nd disk in system...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/04/2007 07:41:52
* Andy Ruhl:
> I always create a so there is no confusion.

Heh, and I always create 'e' so there is no confusion :D, since 'a' is
quasi-reserved for root-partitions. With 'b' for swap [1] and c and d
reserved by the system, this leaves 'e' as the first free one.

> When I see e, I hesitate and try to be sure that there's no data on the disk
> that I forgot was there or something. When there is an a, I know I did that.
> With e I'm not so sure.

Hm. Point taken. Ah well, it's a matter of preferences, I suppose.

[1] I'm not sure if there's still any real good reason to, but I prefer
    to have my swap divided over multiple disks, if possible multiple
    controllers. At the very least, it's for hysterical reasons.
--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org