Subject: Re: Proposition for Releases page changes
To: NetBSD Users's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/02/2007 16:25:25
On Aug 23,  6:56am, "Greg A. Woods" wrote:
} At Mon,  2 Apr 2007 09:33:52 +0200 (CEST), Lasse Hiller=81=F8e Petersen wro=
} te:
} >
} > Personally I don't think it is the tools that matter.
}
} Well for me, as a contributor to NetBSD, and third party developer using
} NetBSD, the tools do matter when they effectively prevent me from making
} useful contributions and when they hinder my ability to use NetBSD to
} its full potential.

     As has been explained before, you don't have to use XML, you can
submit documentation updates in pretty much any reasonable form (i.e.
XML, HTML, plain text, a simple description of what needs updating,
etc), so how exactly are the tools chosen by the people charged with
maintaining the documention hindering your ability to contribute?

}-- End of excerpt from "Greg A. Woods"