Subject: Re: 7 points user's memo
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/02/2007 10:12:33
--Signature=_Mon__2_Apr_2007_10_12_33_-0500_AxrGnD3_PhNcrHQ7

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:50:32 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> > I got nothing against Jeremy! I only wanted to show you "a
> > mechanism", a habit of doing things ad hoc.
>
> Are you complaining that I am using a wiki as a wiki? Are you
> suggesting that I shouldn't have started that simple wiki page for my
> topic?

95% of you (plural) are so overly touchy that for 95% of our talks I
explain that "I am not a camel" (Polish saying). It also means that
only 5% read _what_ I want to impart, and not paying attention to
trifles.

1) I'm not complaining that you are using wiki.
2) I ain't suggesting that you "shouldn't started that simple wiki page"
3) I only claim that as the page is not available from Wiki's menu but
from separate address, then this alone proves that the objective page
was created ad hoc, as a response to Jeremy C. Reed needs, and not as a
result of comprehensive policy concerning development of the
aforementioned wiki.

> "Ad hoc" seems appropriate here. I just can't tell if you are being
> negative or positive.
Negative. Let's all of us start creating wiki pages, ad hoc. Who will
then spend whole night making the wiki tidy and usable? Making things
ad hoc _is bad_ as it creates additional work to do. Of course for
someone else.

pp
--
Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp@kv.net.pl>