Subject: Re: 3.1 CVS tag question
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/02/2007 08:21:23
--Signature=_Mon__2_Apr_2007_08_21_24_-0500_HscZ2TQGCGyFxyxd

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:57:54 -0400
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:

> > What about less branching?
>
> You're suggesting that we should not fix bugs in the previous major
> release of NetBSD?
>
> Even if this were a good idea (and I doubt anyone but you thinks it
> is) it would require _more_ tags per branch, not less, since each
> major release requires a -base tag, while minor releases are made
> from the head of the underlying major release branch.

"Less branching" meant less branching, e.g. 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, etc.

> Again, I suggest that you might want to get some experience actually
> doing this before you act so certain that you know how to tell others
> how to do it.

I didn't say I was more experienced to do this or that. I wrote about
something totaly different, whatever visiously. You are trully talented
with dodging skill.

Lasse wrote recently:

"For some reason I am not surprised that this has changed into a
discussion of formats. Somehow whenever there is a discussion on a
difficult subject, the easy way out is to start discussing syntax,
notation or format.

Personally I don't think it is the tools that matter. The problem is
more of a political or temperamental one."

You are the example.

pp
--
Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp@kv.net.pl>