Subject: Re: Proposition for Releases page changes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2007 15:43:30
Hello Przemysl/aw,

  PP> I didn't make changes to xml code only to _text_ in
    > html page.

You made some changes to the tags because the existing page
validates and yours does not.

  PP> And only the text should be opined not layout. Do not
    > pay attention to HTML format!

I can't help it, I'm a geek.  Looking at the original I can
see that you inherited some peculiarities from that, which
may stem from the HTML code being generated automatically.

Here are my thoughts on the text: I feel that the first
paragraph could benefit from some rewording to make it scan
as more natural English and perhaps seem less aggressive.  I
notice that the existing page has a link to 'NetBSD release
glossary and graphs', which matches the title of the linked
page.  In my opinion this consistency is a good thing.  How
about...

   For more information on release numbering, please see the
   _NetBSD release glossary and graphs_ as well as a
   _History of formal releases_.

(where "_" indicates link edges)?

Out of interest, have you discussed your ideas with the
author of the page before bringing the discussion here?

- Andy Ball