Subject: Re: 4.99.16 and packages-2006Q4
To: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2007 17:35:01
Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:16:46 +0200
> Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se> wrote:
>
>>That is like begging for problems...
>
> A week ago I asked:
> -------------
> From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de>
> To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: When NetBSD 4.0?
> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:18:45 +0100 (CET)
> Sender: netbsd-users-owner@NetBSD.org
>
>  > 1) And tell me please, what packages I should use with the daily
> build
>
>>snapshots: package-2006Q4, pkgsrc-2006Q4 or (current-)pkgsrc
>>(respectively: binaries, compilations, compilations)?
>

> Try out in that order.
> I tried and inform you now what went wrong. Buy it or throw it.

Using package-2006Q4 with a current release obviously don't work then.
Those packages are compiled against libraries that you don't have. So
you should the next item in the order (pkgsrc-2006Q4 or current pkgsrc).

What you did was trying to fool the system instead. And that is begging
for trouble. I thought I should point it out.

If you don't like when people point out that you did the wrong thing,
then don't ask.

	Johnny