Subject: Re: VPN help
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2007 14:36:52
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 08:19:39PM +0200, tlaronde@polynum.com wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:52:15AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>>
>> Server runs on NetBSD (preferably from pkgsrc)
>>
>> Client runs on NetBSD, Linux, OSX, and Windows.
>>
>I imagine that openvpn:
>	http://openvpn.net/
>
>is one of the solutions (I don't use it myself; but it's in pkgsrc
>and seems to be the preferred free solution nowadays).

openvpn is a little tricky to setup, as any vpn, knowing how to
do it makes it a lot easier. But it works with Linux, Mac, XP,
NetBSD. In 1 or two years I think the system was restarted once
for some power related issue -- with about 10 regular users.  We
seem to have a lot more capacity on the 533 Mhz machine it's
running on.

// George