Subject: Re: what handheld or low-power computer?
To: Daniel Horecki <shinden@linux.pl>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2007 18:15:44
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Daniel Horecki wrote:
> 2007/3/27, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>:
>> Is there any single webpage with NetBSD recommendations for handhelds or
>> small, low-power computers?
>>
>> I could search through all of our many "Ports" webpages to read about what
>> is support and NOT supported. But it would be easier to have some webpage
>> of "recommended" systems that have complete or near complete NetBSD
>> support.
>
> Some of my friends has success in using HP Jornada 680, 690 and 720
> with NetBSD.

I've a 690 and while it's cool to get it running, its lack of memory
(32MB and non-expandable) and USB (there are no 16-bit PCMCIA (yes I know
that's a tautology) USB cards) means it's of limited usefulness. Plus the
power management isn't quite there. On the upside, X works well as does
the touchscreen. The keyboard isn't too bad. I've got wi and ne network
interfaces working, plus I have an Adaptec aic SCSI card (for
which the driver is known to be broken).

On the other hand, these look really cool:

http://www.oqo.com/

--
Stephen