Subject: Re: Wiki
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2007 11:06:36
On 2007.03.28 18:32:59 +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Wiki the only source of information on bluetooth?
> How about the current-users mailinglist? Or any other of a dozen mailing
> lists? I have never even seen the wiki-page, and I've seen a bunch of
> things on bluetooth.

I was mistaken to say that the unofficial NetBSD wiki was the only source
of information on Bluetooth.  But it is the best.

I recently spent several hours trying to figure out how to sync my
Treo through Bluetooth.  I spent a large part of that time sifting
through the mailing lists looking for possibly relevant messages
on configuring bluetooth, etc. using the horrible interface on
mail-index.netbsd.org.  Hands down, the best source of information
was the unofficial NetBSD wiki:

    http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/Bluetooth

Which is not surprising since most of that page has been put up
and maintained by Iain himself.  (And thanks Iain: I found it very
useful.)

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli