Subject: Re: Wiki
To: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2007 18:27:48
Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:31:03 +0200
> Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se> wrote:
>
>>I get the impression that you have a very pre-set view on how things
>>should look and be, and if something don't match what you expect,
>>then you directly take the view that it's bad.
>>
>>Why don't you calm down a little, and start looking around, read up,
>>and talk around some more?
>>
>>	Johnny
>
> OK, Johnny the Wiser.

No I'm not. Don't call me names.

> That last time I was in earnest mood. This last time I'll be candid too.

Fine enough.

> I like come to the core of a matter I don't like play with euphemisms.
> If something is bad in my view I say "it is bad". And I always submit
> arguments to prove that. I didn't call names on any of you, I've always
> touched problems (in my opinion) and said what way they could be
> improved.

Aha. And the thing that was "bad" was that there wasn't a Wiki page. And
the proof that this was bad was "everybody have one".
And the solution obviously was to have a Wiki page.
Did it ever occur to you that some other people might not think that not
having a Wiki page is a problem, that the solution isn't to add one, and
that just because everyone else have one it must be good (have you ever
heard the fly argument?).

> For several years back in 90 I was contributing journalist to Polish PC
> magazines then nascent. No native books but issues of PC Magazine,
> Byte, PC World, etc, no pervasive Internet (available mostly on High
> Schools/Universities).
>
> And I had to cope with tones of _crap_ being published on official
> sites or on leaflets of Very Serious Firms. Sometimes I got enough! 95%
> trash and only 5% valid information to process. Let's say my criticism
> is part of my then professional skew. :-)

Fine. Not that I really find it relevant, but then again, my BS-meter
probably trigger on different things than yours...

> Why do you think I use NetBSD? To trade punches here and there? No,
> I've found NetBSD most usefull to my small and old machine of all BSDs
> and several dozens of Linux distros. But I'm not blind and
> you'll never find me condescending before Altar of Developers only
> because I can't program in C++.

Well, obviously you seem to have some problem here, which I can't really
understand, except that you think something is bad. So what exactly is bad?

I have a whole bunch of gripes with NetBSD, but I atleast think I know
exactly what my problems are, and I can name them. And they are a bit
more technical in nature. You seem to gripe about web-pages, personal
preferences and layouts.

And you seem very angry. Being angry is not a good way to get any
attention or respect. It might work along kids, but we're grown-ups,
aren't we?

> It is up to you whether you make use of my remarks.

Don't really know what to make of them.

	Johnny