Subject: Re: Problems with USB on NetBSD 3.1?
To: Users NetBSD <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2007 08:11:31
On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:59 AM, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:30:21 +0300
> Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:13:25AM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>>>    Now that I have upgraded to 3.1, I can no longer use my memory
>>> stick. When I try to mount it, I get some message about a locked
>>> door, or something to that effect. Something broke between 3.0 and
>>> 3.1, afaict.
>>
>> I was using -current and EHCI a while ago.  I couldn't write to USB
>> sticks at all, the writing process always froze and if I kept
>> breething, the system crashed.  I disabled EHCI in my kernel and now
>> everything works.
>>
> Interesting.  I've had to do that on my laptop, but I thought it was a
> hardware issue.  I should build a 3.1-Live CD and see what happens...

# The EHCI is not ready for prime time.
#ehci*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Enhanced Host Controller
ohci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Open Host Controller
uhci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller
(Intel)

...is the entry in the conf file in /arch/cobalt/conf for -current.

So I left it that way :)

Brian