Subject: Re: /pub/NetBSD-daily/ what is what?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/25/2007 01:44:33
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Przemysaw Paweczyk wrote:

> Give us ___please___ ISOs, that's all.
> How can I help if I have to pass my P.h.D. exams on building system from sources first?

Thanks for your purpose to help - just try a little harder ;)
Creating an ISO yourself is not hard and it's documented:

http://netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html

For instructions how to install from USB Memory Sticks, Flash drives or
external harddrives:

http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/How_to_install_NetBSD_from_an_USB_Memory_Stick

You should be capable of creating your own installation images if you
really mean to help. Sending PRs, using "cvs", "make" and "build.sh" to
test patches are other things you should become capable of.

But agreed, documentation and communication about this should be clearer
and more comprehensive.

Kind regards, Mark

--
Mark Weinem