Subject: Re: /pub/NetBSD-daily/ what is what?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/2007 12:19:17
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 10:00:49AM -0500, Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk wrote:
>Please tell me what is what?
>NetBSD 3.1 stable (what is then 3.1.1 below if next version is 4.0?)
>NetBSD 3.1.1 (next version? a need to update?, where's ISO? etc.)
>NetBSD 4.0 BETA (where it is? where is ISO?, etc)
>NetBSD 5.0 (aka current?, why there is no "5.0" in official documentation? why the hidding behind irksome 4.99.16?)

You ask a lot of questions difficult to explain. I don't have it
all figured out, but what I know is not easy to say.

It will make more sense after you understand. ;)

I've been working on a graphic that is pretty much (enough)
accurate, and which has been educational to me in figuring out the
flow of it all.

http://galis.org/netbsd/release-graph.png

The source for that dot graph is here
http://galis.org/netbsd/release-graph.dot

only the releases have ISOs. but you could make an iso from the
newer src tags with the build.sh script.

good luck!

// George