Subject: Re: Junk computer+LCD(+keypad)->Jukebox
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Post <apost@recalcitrant.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2007 18:57:01
In article <ebce77080703211114r46113b2pc2886fc8021a16c@mail.gmail.com>, Gábor Gábris wrote:

> The next step is to find some kind of mp3-capable media player for
> NetBSD, that can somehow show track informations on the LCD and can
> be controlled with a keypad.
>
> If anybody has any suggestions, experiences or ideas about the
> topic, please write them.

On my desktops, I use mpd (AKA pkgsrc/audio/musicpd), a client/server
music system.  It's not at all fancy, but I think it can do what you
want, particularly using the command-line client mpc.

It also has has other remote clients (such as the curses-based ncmpc)
which you could use from a laptop, if you happened to have one in the
car with you.

  Alan