Subject: Re: When NetBSD 4.0?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2007 17:48:04
Hello,

  PP> First of it is __public__ project not secretive.

Anyone can look at the source code.  It's hard for me to
imagine a project being much more public than that.

  PP> And me, as user, have the rights to ask and to demand.

"we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
                                                -Vroomfondel

Seriously though, I think that as someone who uses (and so
far as is practical promotes the use of) NetBSD I feel
comfortable suggesting a feature or requesting a fix.  I
would feel uncomfortable making demands of the developers,
not least because I am not a contributing developer myself!

- Andy Ball