Subject: Re: How can I install applications which have conflicts in dependences? OR How to install VMWare?
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2007 15:55:52
On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 05:17:43AM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Maybe use a different LOCALBASE and different PKG_DBDIR for vmware (and
> its dependencies)? But then you would have two installs of a Linux distro
> on your NetBSD system.
>
> But I looked closer ...
>
> opera needs:	suse_x11>=7.3
>
> And acroread 4 and 5 (not 7) needs: 	suse_x11>=6.1
>
> So try installing in a different order. Install first suse91_x11, then
> vmware and opera and acroread 5 or 4.

The problem is that there is no "suse100_vwmware" package. The
"vwmare" package therefore directly depends on "suse91_vmware" which
tries to pull in the other SuSE 9.x packages.

Creating a "suse100_vwmware" package is probably very easy. But I don't
use VMware under NetBSD and can therefore not test it.

	Kind regards