Subject: Re: When NetBSD 4.0?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter I. Hansen <peterih@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2007 13:38:47
On 3/21/07, Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Peter I. Hansen wrote:
>
> > We all know and respect the "When it's ready" policy.
>
> Well, I don't the respect the "When it's ready" mantra anymore. That
> "policy" is the reason why I ceased from using Debian some years ago.
> It's never ready!

Well, one should cease to use a product when it no longer fits what you need.

> Sure, passing on new features as contemporary as possible (like OpenBSD
> or other projects do) would be great.
>
> But let's keep in mind that NetBSD
> is a volunteers project and that the release engineers might be very
> busy but still doing their best to get 4.0 out.

I know the developers are volunteers. This is exactly why I respect
the "When it's ready" policy.

> If you want more information just get in contact with them- maybe you
> can help with communication and publishing informations.

I think in stead of me asking them and then telling others, something
like a developer/release engineer blog would be far more practical. Or
just an occasional post to netbsd-users...