Subject: Problems with cgd on raid
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Felix 'buebo' Kakrow <buebo@buebo.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2007 19:27:25
--Sig_VYxSU4459SJ.jCahvNv_ywC

Hello,
Iam trying to set up a cgd encrypted partition on top of a Raidframe
device, but both ffs and disklabel verification fails.

It seems there is a problem with the  verification in
combination with the underlying raid device. I found this message which
suggests some particular offsets to solve the problems:

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-cgd-%22disklabel%22-verification-cannot-be-used--=
t3034687.html

However, it does not seem to work in my case. My configuration looks
like this:

# disklabel raid3

#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
 a:        16        63     unused      0     0        # (Cyl.      0*-    =
  0*)
 c: 1875426753        63     unused      0     0        # (Cyl.      0*- 30=
5245*)
 d: 1875426816         0     unused      0     0        # (Cyl.      0 - 30=
5245*)
 e: 1875426713        79        ccd                     # (Cyl.      0*- 30=
5245*)

Like in the original post cgd0 has BIOS partition 0 and occupies the
full device (starting at 63). cgd0e also starts at 63, occupies the
full device and is type 4.2BSD.

The host system is NetBSD 3-Stable (as of yesterday).

As of now I'm finally very confused and not sure where to look next.
Google doesn't give me any more help and I'm more of a user and less of
a hacker anyway, so what am I doing wrong here?

Kind regards
Felix
--=20
I agree with every word you said. Particularly the points where you
quote me.=20
	-- Ernst Haas, Social Scientist