Subject: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/12/2007 21:42:04
Hi All!

Whenever I try to restore a mysqldump file this message appears:

ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line nnn: Lost connection to MySQL server during query.

The restore procedure is being done on a local machine where the Mysql 5
DB server also resides. This happens on both i386 and amd64 boxes running
on NetBSD 3.1 stable using pkgsrc 2006 Q4 (MySQL 5.0.27). I remember one
other box running MySQL 5 from pkgsrc 2006q3 also having the same problem.

Please also note that on both machines, I tried using using a default
large my.cnf. I also tried both with modifications on the following:

query_cache_limit = 4M
query_cache_size = 128M
bulk_insert_buffer_size = 8M

All four tests yeiled the same error. I tried restoring the same dumpfile
on another DB server also running MySQL 5.0.27 on FreeBSD 6 release with
no modifiacations, everything went ok.

I noticed that if the table to be restored is too large the restore
procedure stops. On smaller ones its successful. Anyone experiencing the
same problem? I may have missed something on our NetBSD boxen.

Joseph