Subject: Re: quick license question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2007 21:15:54
In article <20070222230531.Y84901@arbitor.digitalfreaks.org> you wrote:
> "...most files _don't_ contain the standard NetBSD license header..."
>
> ...which makes sense for src/etc/*, that would get really ugly, really
> fast.

(Please keep me on CC:)

I'm not sure what you have in mind, maybe you can give a few examples of
files you are talking about, and what you want to do with them?

In general, something doesn't need to bear a copyright notice to still be
covered by copyright law. For trivial things, this would be boring to
enforce though, see e.g. the implementations of true(1) and false(1) which
got their license texts removed for that reason.

 - Hubert