Subject: Re: telling the OS that wd1 is really gone?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2007 15:28:12
On Jul 30, 11:38am, "Jonathan A. Kollasch" wrote:
} On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:41:39PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
} >
} > I had a second disk in my router that I needed for something else, and as
} > it was not mounted i just unplugged it while running. Now /etc/security
}
} YOU WHAT????!!!!!

     Although, extremely rare, I did manage to kill a drive doing this
once.  99% of the time you will get away with it; but the one time you
don't it will be a major problem (i.e. right before packing up the
system to take to a tradeshow).

} > (iostat -x) complains every night. How do I tell the system that the disk
} > is gone for good?
}
} Reboot.

     drvctl -d wd1

     Of course, there is the little problem that drvctl isn't in any
kernels by default.

}-- End of excerpt from "Jonathan A. Kollasch"