Subject: Particular websites + firefox = degraded app switching performance?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2007 15:37:18
I've noticed that viewing pages from two particular sites cause
significant delays when switching to another window.  I've tried
this with a natively-compiled Firefox 2, and Seamonkey for Linux
(under Linux compat).  The sites in particular are:

    www.studio360.org
    www.maisonneuve.org

It's not just that the browser performance degrades (switching
between tabs, for example, takes several seconds) -- it also affects
other applications.  Switching to another window (for example, to
type this e-mail) will result in a 3-4 second delay before any text
appears.  Switching to a tab displaying some webpage that is not
from these sites restores the normal performance.

Is this just my machine?  Or do other people see it as well?

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli