Subject: Re: panic: m-copydata
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/07/2007 08:53:13
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 09:50:12AM +0800, ?? ???? wrote:
> I have two i386 architecture machines  kernel is NetBSD-2.0.2
>
> They are run in DHCP and IPF services Then they run the few days or more.
> Appear
> Panic:m-copydata
> 	Stopped at netbsd : cpu_Debugger+0x04 : leave
>
> It??s into the db> prompt
>

> Help  someone!

panicing in copydata is usually a sign of a flipped bit in RAM.  (I have
run into this on occation.)

adding

ddb.onpanic=0

to /etc/sysctl.conf will reboot the machine when it panics instead of
going to the debugger.

Running a memory tester on your machine (memtest86+) for a day or two
would be a good idea.

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt