Subject: Thinkpad 600 audio problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2007 13:19:28
Hi!

I recently pulled an old thinkpad out of the closet (ThinkPad 600) and fired
it up. NetBSD-3.0_STABLE from January '06 was on it and I was happy.

The plan for this machine is to be a neat, small music-playing machine that
connects to a server in the basement for the mp3 library.

/dev/audio was working fine until I decided to update to NetBSD-3.1.

In NetBSD-3.1 I have no audio devices configured. In fact there is not any
mention of it in dmesg...

dhcp-212# dmesg | egrep -i "(audio|not conf)"
Intel 82371AB (PIIX4) Power Management Controller (miscellaneous bridge,
revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 7 function 3 not configured

... so it's not even `not configured' !! Any idea how I can get this working?

NetBSD 3.1_STABLE (GENERIC_LAPTOP) built around Jan 14.

Thanks,

Louis