Subject: Re: How to recover deleted files ?
To: Co Thai Ngo <cngo@nmsu.edu>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/02/2007 17:42:23
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:23:03AM -0700, Co Thai Ngo wrote:
> Does anyone know how to recover delete files on NetBSD ?

The last time I had to do that I used "less" on the raw partition and
cut and paste into "emacs". But that's very uncomfortable and only
works for ASCII files.

> I'm looking for something like unrm, but couldn't find one.

I'm sorry but I don't think such an utility exists for NetBSD. And
even if you had it it would require to stop the box immediately after
accidently deleting the files because they might get overwritten
otherwise.

	Kind regards