Subject: Cheapo 4 Port S-ATA Controller?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Felix 'buebo' Kakrow <buebo@buebo.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/01/2007 20:59:00
--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

Hello,
I'm looking for a somewhat cheapish SATA Controller for my home server
(NetBSD 3-Stable). So far the only cheap controllere (less than 100 Euro)
I could find where 2 Ports only.

There are a bunch of 4 port raid controllers around but my raid is
provided by RAIDFrame and I don't feel like paying for a feature I won't
use. I could of course buy two cheap 2 port controllers, but I'd rather
not waste a pci slot.

Unfortunatly IDE is not an option, since the cables are way to short.
Are there any suggestions around what to buy?

Cheers
Felix

P.S.: I know the saying "You get what you pay for" and that cheap
hardware is not regarded highly in circles like this, but this machine
basically just servers as a file dump and has been working with the
cheapest hardware I could get whithout _any_ problems for years.

--=20
~/.sig

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--