Subject: Re: Forcing NetBSD to use IPv4
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Alasdair <alasdair@iprimus.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/27/2007 23:39:05
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:51:15PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:55:06PM +1100, Alasdair Reed wrote:
> > I tried
> >
> > ktrace -o /tmp/ktrace.out named -g -d 3 -u named -t /var/chroot/named
> >
> > but ktrace does not recognise the option -o
>
> My mistake. It should have been "ktrace -f /tmp/ktrace.out ...".
>
> > So I had a poke around in man ktrace and ran this:
> >
> > ktrace named -g -d 3 -u named -t /var/chroot/named
> >
> > I ran it from my home directory su'ed to root just in case that makes
> > any difference to the trace.
> [...]
> > 671 named open("root.cache", 0, 0x1b6) Err#2
>
> Here's your problem.
>
> Did you really copy the contents (the directory and all the files in it)
> of "/etc/namedb" to "/var/chroot/named/etc/namedb"?
>
> 	Kind regards
>
> --
> Matthias Scheler                                  http://zhadum.org.uk/

Hi Matthias,

Ahem!!!!!

No I did not copy it correctly, (as you advised me to about 2 weeks ago) I thought I'd copied it correctly however my path     looked like this

/var/chroot/named/etc/namedb/namedb

and somehow the first instance of the file did not contain all the required files, so naturally, problems.
Sorry to be such an idiot, and waste so many people's time. So as a result of your patience it works just great!!Thankyou
Could you recommend some reading that will explain named and how it works, because although I have a vague idea what is going
on through my attempts to research the problem, I am not quit sure what has been done.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Alasdair