Subject: Re: No sound with auvia driver
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/2007 18:26:35
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 01:24:38PM -0500, Michael Watters wrote:
> I'm attempting to get sound working on my laptop in NetBSD and the
> device is recognized.  When I play an audio file I can't hear
> anything, I got it to work in linux by muting the external amplifier
> in alsamixer but mixerctl doesn't have any such setting.

mixerctl -a | grep mute

try:

mixerctl -w outputs.headphones.mute=off
mixerctl -w outputs.master.mute=on

etc.  it depends on what your audio device is.  (what does
"audioctl name config" show?)

> I would prefer to run BSD but it seems like linux supports my hardware
> a lot better.  Anybody seen a problem like this before?

better support in linux than NetBSD for PC hardware?  yeah, I've seen it
before.  (:

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt