Subject: Re: telnet -4 command switches on IPv4 mode for other apps
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Alasdair <alasdair@iprimus.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2007 14:35:54
On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 12:02:02PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 09:57:24PM +1100, Alasdair wrote:
> > Again I am not sure which nameserver I am using, how can I find out?
> > The router I am using is an Open Iconnect Access 621 provided by my
> > ISP so I imagine it is a cheap one.
>
> What nameservers are listed in your "/etc/resolv.conf"? Is a server
> hosted by your ISP or the IP address of your router?
>
> 	Kind regards
>
> --
> Matthias Scheler                                  http://zhadum.org.uk/

Hi Matthias,

here is the details of /etc/resolv.conf

# Created by dhclient at: Mon Feb 12 00:27:31 EST 2007
nameserver 192.168.1.254

I am unsure where it originates from, however I tried to look it up on one of those reverse look-up site and the site was un-able to resolve it . I guess this means that it is the IP address of the router. Is this the case. Sorry to have to be spoon-fed here but my knowledge of the workings of networking is very small.

Regards,

Alasdair