Subject: Re: Animated prompt?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/07/2007 11:29:45
* Centrum Monitorowania Rzeczywistosci:
> Hello list,
>
> Is there such trick, or could anyone think of reasonable solution for
> animated shell prompt?
>
> I mean something like twirling baton -/|\-/|\... somewhere,
> indicating that system is alive (and possibly, roughly, how much
> loaded it is), or time display along with standard
> "user@machine:path$", or even kind of animated ASCII art (which could
> be a hint as for possible solution - at least for terminals capable
> of such feature).

I'm not sure this is what you want to hear, but 'screen' can do something
like that in the status line. Adding the following line to your
.screenrc should do the trick

hardstatus lastline "%{wb}%C%a   %-w%{G}%n %t%{w}%+w %=%{y}%l"

will give you a nice clock on the left, the session names of the screen
sessions with the active one marked in the middle, and the load averages
on the right.

'lastline' tells it to use the last line of the screen as a hardware status
line, if the terminal doesn't have one.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org