Subject: Re: sendmail problems
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/2007 12:06:05
On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 10:38:07AM -0600, Michael Parson wrote:
> 1.  Backups.  Some of us still like to use dump/restore to backup our
> systems.  Dump only operates on partitions/slices, so we break things
> up to make those types of backups easier. / /var /usr /home /tmp, etc.

from the dump(8) man page:

"files-to-dump is either a single file system, or a list of files and
directories on a single file system to be backed up as a subset of the
file system. [...] certain restrictions are placed on the backup: -u is
ignored, the only dump level that is supported is -0, and all of the
files must reside on the same file system."

> This box, ultra.bl.org, is in a colo on the other side of town and
> doesn't have a floppy or CD ROM in it.  If I have to drive in to fix
> it, I usually can w/o having to unrack it and plug in a CD or floppy
> for alternate booting methods.

you can't netboot?  (see pxeboot man page)

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt