Subject: Re: install doesn't save network config?
To: DIST - NetBSD -users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2007 17:59:30
> I have the same problem with 3.01  and 3.1.  I just setup my network config on
> first boot.  I just figured I must be doing something wrong in the installs.
> You can configure the network, but the changes don't carry over.  Setting the
> root pass always works though.  So you are not alone.

Yep, this is 3.1.

I don't guess it is that big a deal but I'm not so expert at network setup
(e.g. hand-configuring the files as opposed to telling an installation
program what IP and nameserver to use) that I can do it without a doc to
stare at ... and the doc was sitting on a website I couldn't reach. ":^}
Mind if I had a printer I could've just booted into Debian Linux (or what
have you) and printed the NetBSD Networking FAQ doc, but I don't have a
printer. So I've had to wait until today, when I am back at work.

I should check, maybe the doc in question lives in the installed system?
Still, I just think it'd be more elegant for the thing to keep the network
settings used during the install.

Regards,

GB

Glenn Becker - burningc@sdf.lonestar.org