Subject: Jaz Disk SCSI problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Isaac Wagner-Muns <fubar22@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2007 20:22:46
I'm trying to add a SCSI jaz disk to my 3.1 system. However, when i
attach the disk and try to run disklabel on it, the console displays
the error:

sd2(esp0:04:0):	Check Condition on CDB:  0x35	00	00	00	00	00	00	00	00	00
	SENSE KEY:		Media Error
	ASC/ASCQ:		Defect List Not Found

Is the defect list made when initializing the jaz disk? and if so,
with what utility does one send the SCSI initialize command?

Thanks,
Isaac

We cannot put the face of a person on a stamp unless said person is
deceased.  My suggestion, therefore, is that you drop dead.
                 -- James E. Day, Postmaster General