Subject: Re: Wacom tablets and NetBSD?
To: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/22/2007 20:33:29
On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:11:10PM -0600, Brian de Alwis wrote:
> > Maybe I need your patch, but mine is a Graphire4.  Could I please see your
> > dmesg with and without your patch applied?
>
> I no longer have access to the Graphire3 6x8 that I tested, unfortunately,
> but I did make a note of the demesg output:
>
>     uhidev0: WACOM CTE-630-UV3.1-4, rev 1.01/3.14, addr 3, iclass 3/1
>     uhidev0: 3 report ids
>     ums0 at uhidev0 reportid 1: 3 buttons and Z dir.
>     wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
>     uhid0 at uhidev0 reportid 2: input=7, output=0, feature=1
>     uhid1 at uhidev0 reportid 3: input=0, output=0, feature=1
>
> Which looks similar to your dmesg output.  I didn't record whether this was
> pre- or post-patch, but from memory the patch only enabled reading
> information via the uhid #2 rather than changing the probe messages.

I modified the patch to support the Graphire4 4x5.  In the dmesg, the uhid
lines changed from feature=1 to feature=2, and I now can hexdump the uhid0
device.  It reacts to movement and to the scrollwheel and extra buttons!

I'll commit the modified patch and request a pullup to the netbsd-3 and -4
branches when I've done some more testing (but see below).

> I'm using XFree86 as shipped with NetBSD, and it appears to come with the
> usbtablet driver:
>
>     $ locate usbtablet | g X11R6
>     /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/usbtablet_drv.o
>     /usr/X11R6/man/cat4/usbtablet.0
>     /usr/X11R6/man/man4/usbtablet.4
>     $
>
> At least, I don't recall (and didn't record) doing anything explicit
> to compile & install the usbtablet driver.

This driver is relatively new and does not exist on the netbsd-3 branch, I'm
now backporting it. :-)

	Geert