Subject: Re: WEP support for atu device
To: None <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/2007 08:42:24
On 1/19/07, Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph> wrote:
> ifconfig_atu0="media DS11 chan 11 mode 11b ssid bsdnetwork nwkey
> 0xdeadbeef12"
> dhclient=yes
>
> Even if I set it manually, configure it with a static IP, still it wouldnt
> work.
>
> atu0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>         ssid bsdnetwork nwkey bsdne
>         powersave off
>         chan 11
>         address: 00:0f:66:10:3e:fe
>         media: IEEE802.11 autoselect mode 11b
>         status: no network
>         inet 192.168.1.10 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
>         inet6 fe80::20f:66ff:fe10:3efe%atu0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3
>
> Note that the nwkey is just imaginary but on my actual ifconfig -a result
> the (64bit WEP) hex values is translted correctly to human readable
> format.
>
> The said nwkey entry is verified working since I copy-pasted the exact
> values minus 0x using Windows XP. Same machine, same unit of wireless
> adapter, same AP. Works ok with 3.1 stable without WEP. I may have missed
> something.

Have you tried that ifconfig_atu0 line like this:

ifconfig_atu0="ssid bsdnetwork nwkey 0xdeadbeef12"

I recently setup one of my adapters with dhcp, which I'd never done
before, and I noticed that the fewer options I used it decided to
connect. If it doesn't work, it might be a bug I suppose.

Does wiconfig show you anything?

wiconfig atu0 -D

And various other options. That's how I know it's working on mine, I
can see my access point.

Andy