Subject: Re: exporting -ro nfs
To: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/18/2007 12:51:24
Am 17.01.2007 um 21:43 Uhr -0500 schrieb George Georgalis:
>I'm having trouble writing an /etc/exports file for
>a read-only mount point. I'd expect it something
>like:
>
>/host/software -maproot=nobody:nobody -ro -network 10/8
>
>but on the target host, that yeilds
>
>mount_nfs: can't access /host/software: Permission denied
>
>while other rw /host/* exports mount fine. What exactly is
>the syntax for a ro export?

Let me guess: The /host/* exports are on the same filesystem?

You cannot export directories from one filesystem with differing
credentials (like rw/ro, different access control liste, etc.). A
workaround is to use null mounts, and export those.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281