Subject: adding users to groups....
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/15/2007 15:51:17
I know you can just edit the group file, but I want to use system
tools if they are available because I'm running from a program
anyway. The command mostly works (disregard -m)

useradd -g "900" -G "0,100" -p "*************" -u "1000" -g "1000" -c "George Georgalis" -s "/bin/ksh" "geo"
useradd: Warning: home directory `/home/geo' doesn't exist, and -m was not specified
useradd: can't append group `0' for user `geo'
useradd: can't append group `100' for user `geo'

but what's wrong with -G? This is a 3.1 system, I seem to recall
no issue with 3.0, where I used something similar.

// George