Subject: Re: NetBSD on NAS devices?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/14/2007 09:47:23
On Saturday 13 January 2007 20:40, Andy Ruhl wrote:

> I'm wondering if there are any of these small disk enclosures that
> have network connectivity that run NetBSD?

I'm not aware of any NAS devices running NetBSD out the box.

The Linksys NSLU2 (sys/arch/evbarm/nslu2) can be persuaded to run NetBSD
without too much trouble. It doesn't have an internal disk, but it has
two USB 2.0 ports for hooking up external disks. It won't break any
speed records, particularly in stock form (there's a h/w mod to double
the CPU core speed), but it's a neat package.

Cheers, Steve